Leiden University (Leiden, the Netherlands), 2015
22nd Annual Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot, 2015
National University of “Kyiv-Mohyla Academy”, 2014, Diploma with honors
Iurii Gulevatyi joined AGA Partners law firm in 2015, after graduating Leiden University, where he received Master of Laws degree in International Civil and Commercial law. During his studies, Iurii also took part in the world famous competition on international commercial arbitration - Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot. Currently, Iurii holds the position of associate and specializes in international trade law and international commercial arbitration (including GAFTA and FOSFA arbitrations).
Prior to joining AGA Partners and studying in the Netherlands, Iurii had been working in the legal department of transnational FMCG company for two years, providing legal support to various departments of the company.
Iurii has experience in developing draft contracts of different types, providing advice and preparing legal opinions on issues of international trade and international commercial arbitration, legal representation in commercial and administrative courts.
Membership in professional associations
Young International Arbitration Group (YIAG)
Ukrainian Bar Association (UBA), (Member of the Board Committee on Alternative Dispute Resolution)
Awards and Recognition
- Leading lawyer in Ukraine for Arbitration and Mediation - Best Lawyers 2020
Fluent Ukrainian, Russian, and English
- Representing interests of a Swiss trading company (Seller) in a dispute with a Turkish manufacturing and trading company (Buyer) in London arbitration, that arose out of a contract on sale of chickpeas on CIF FO delivery terms for a total value of more than USD1 million.
- Representing interests of the Client, an agricultural trading company, in a dispute with a Bangladesh company (buyer or respondent) in London arbitration. The dispute arose out of respondent’s failure to open the letter of credit under the contract worth nearly USD 1 million.
- Representing client’s interests, a major CEE-based mining machinery producer, jointly with AVELLUM in four disputes with a Hong Kong company before the ICAC at the Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce and Industry. The disputes arose under four separate contracts for the supply of mining machinery and equipment to Ukraine amounting to a total of almost EUR6 million.
- Representing interests of the Client, one of the biggest retail companies in Ukraine, in the arbitration against UAE trading company in a complicated dispute arising under the trade contract governed by English law. The buyer failed to pay for the cargo, alleging that the cargo was not delivered and custom cleared according to their instructions.
- Representing interests of a major oil extraction plant in a dispute with a Turkish company in London arbitration, that arose under USD4 million contract for the supply of sunflower oil to Egypt.
- Representing interests of the Client in London arbitration. This dispute arose under a sale contract due to a cargo quality claim with value of over USD2,000,000.00. Complication of the proceedings was caused by guarantee obligations contained in a contract that gave rise to three separate arbitrations: under the sale contract, guarantee obligations and sub-sale contract.
- Representing interests of the Kazakh company. The dispute arose out of the contract for the delivery of agricultural products on FOB terms, the port of Aktau, Kazakhstan, with a total value of almost 3 million US dollars. The goods were to be delivered in several lots.
- Representing interests of a client in a dispute with a Swiss company in London arbitration which arose based on USD12 million contract for the supply of goods.
- Representation of the honored coach of Ukraine in dispute with Ministry of Youth and Sports over the awarding of the sport's title "Honored Coach of Ukraine" to her.