Education and bar admission
- Admitted to the Bar since 2018
- GAFTA Distance Learning Programme, 2016
- Anglia Ruskin University (Cambridge, UK), 2013, Diploma magna cum laude
- Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, 2012
Dmytro Koval specializes in international commercial and maritime law, international commercial arbitration, and litigation.
Dmytro's practice includes the resolution of trade and maritime disputes in GAFTA, FOSFA LMAA, RSA, as well as in the ICAC at the Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce and Industry, representation in Ukrainian courts.
Dmytro provides comprehensive legal advice on various issues of international and Ukrainian law, including in the areas of trade and maritime transport, draws up and carries out an examination of contracts of various levels of complexity.
Dmytro also specializes in sports law and international sports arbitration. Provides advice to athletes, clubs, federations on sports law issues, and also specializes in dispute resolution, including in the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) (Lausanne, Switzerland).
Dmytro is the pro bono coordinator of the "Legal Assistance to Sports in Ukraine" project, which aims to support and develop sports in Ukraine by providing free legal assistance.
Dmytro's articles on various legal issues are regularly published in leading Ukrainian legal and business publications.
Membership in professional associations
- Member of the Board Committee on Sports Law of Ukrainian Bar Association (UBA)
- Member of Ukrainian National Bar Association (UNBA)
- Member of International Arbitration Group at London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA YIAG)
- Member of Young Arbitrators Forum of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC YAF)
Awards and Recognition
- Leading lawyer in Ukraine for Sports law - Client’s choice. Top 100 best lawyers of Ukraine 2019-2021,2023 Yurydychna Gazeta
- Leading lawyer in Ukraine for Trade Law, Best Lawyers 2022
- Leading lawyer in Ukraine for International Trade – Ukrainian Law Firms 2022, Yuridicheskaya Praktika
Fluent Ukrainian, Russian, and English
- Representing interests of a large agri trader from Lithuania in a dispute with a Swiss trading company in London arbitration which arose under USD1,2 million contract for the supply of Ukrainian sunflower meal.
- Representing interests of a large agri trading company in a dispute with a major Turkish oil manufacturer in London arbitration, which arose under USD2 million contract for the supply of sunflower seeds to Turkey.
- Representing interests of the Client, a major agricultural company, in a dispute with a Swiss company in London arbitration. The dispute arose over unpaid goods worth USD300 thousand delivered under the sale contract.
- Representing client’s interests together with the partners of the Georgian law firm BLC Law Office by successfully enforcing the award of London commercial arbitration in Georgia, the region of Guria. The Supreme Court of Georgia satisfied the application for the recognition and enforcement of the award. AGA Partners recovered the full amount of the damages awarded to the client.
- Representing interests of a Scottish trading company in a dispute with a manufacturing company from Egypt which arose based on a contract for the supply of wheat on the basis CIF amounting to a total of USD2.5 mln.
- Representing interests of a Dubai trading company in a dispute with a Kazakhstan company which arose based on a contract for the supply of barley on the basis of the FOB ("Free On Board") amounting to a total value of almost USD2 million.
- Representing interests of an English trading company in a dispute with a Georgian manufacturing company resolved in arbitration which arose based on a contract for the supply of flour to the port of Batumi, Georgia amounting to a total of over USD700,000.
- Representing interests of a Ukrainian state-owned company in a dispute with a Swiss company in arbitration. The dispute arose based on USD2 million contracts for the supply of commodities.
- Representation of the honored coach of Ukraine in dispute with Ministry of Youth and Sports over the awarding of the sport's title "Honored Coach of Ukraine" to her.