- Bachelor of Law degree, 2019, Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv
- 2018, ELSA Ankara Summer Law School on International Law and Arbitration
- Master of Law degree, 2020, Stockholm university
Pavlo specializes in commodities trade & international arbitration with a special focus on Türkiye & MENA region.
His expertise includes representation of the client’s interests in high-profile arbitration disputes at GAFTA, FOSFA, LMAA, LCIA and ICAC. Within the last years, Pavlo has advised the clients on more than 30 arbitral proceedings and helped them to succeed in the claims amounting to +30 mln US dollars.
Pavlo regularly represents clients in complex settlement negotiations aimed at the efficient resolution of disputes at the pre-arbitral stage. He also handles contracts of the largest companies in the Black Sea region.
- Prevailed in the FOSFA dispute over 30 mln USD arising from the non-delivery of Russian sunflower oil to Türkiye
- Successfully represented the client in the quality dispute caused by the detection of excessive ambrosia in Russian sunflower seeds at discharge in Türkiye
- Representing the Turkish trading company in the dispute relating to the deterioration of Brazilian soybeans during the transit from Brazil to Türkiye
- Prevailed in the GAFTA case concerning the supply of Romanian corn to Türkiye amidst the unprecedented drought in Romania
- Negotiated a settlement favourable to the client in the complex dispute arising out of the delivery of Ukrainian feed wheat to Israel
- Representing the Turkish trading company in the dispute relating to the backdated bills of lading
- Successfully represented the client in the LMAA arbitration relating to the demurrage of the vessel at the Turkish port of Bandirma
- Negotiated a settlement between the charterer, the shipowner and the receiver of the goods in the dispute arising from the lien of the cargo
- Representing the Turkish milling company in the dispute with the shipowner caused by Russia’s withdrawal from the grain export deal
Membership in professional associations
- Member of the Agribusiness Committee – the Ukrainian Bar Association
- Member of the Committee on the Compensation of Losses Caused by the Russian Invasion of Ukraine – the Ukrainian Bar Association
- Coach of the Kyiv National University team – Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot
Awards and Recognition
- Nomination for the Best Young Lawyer Award – the Ukrainian Bar Association
- "Key lawyer" in the practice of international trade - The Legal 500 2023
Fluent Ukrainian, Russian, English