- Kyiv Institute of Law at the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, 2011, Diploma cum laude
- Institute of philology at Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv. Specialist’s Diploma in Philology, Translator from English and Arabic, 2005
Oleksandr Gubin started his career in AGA Partners law firm just after his graduation from the university. Now he holds the position of a senior associate, specializing in international family law, as well as in private projects.
Oleksandr’s main spheres of expertise include relations between spouses, issues related to children, surrogacy, and property issues.
Private projects include tax planning and registration of non-resident companies. Oleksandr helps our clients to find solutions to problems of different complexity in various jurisdictions and banks. An important part of his expertise is an automatic exchange of tax information.
Oleksandr also provides support for clients participating in citizenship by investment programmes and obtaining a residence permit in many foreign jurisdictions.
Membership in professional associations
- Deputy Head of the Family Law Committee of the Ukrainian Advocates' Association
- Member of the Board of the Committee on civil, family and inheritance law of the Ukrainian Bar Association
- Member of Ukrainian National Bar Association (UNBA)
Awards and Recognition
- Next Generation Lawyer - The Legal500 2019
- Rising star for the private client practice - The Legal500 2020-2021
- Leading lawyer in Ukraine for International Arbitration, Best Lawyers 2022
- Leading lawyer in Ukraine for family law practice, Ukrainian Law Firms, 2022
Fluent Ukrainian, Russian, and English, intermediate level in Arabic.
- Providing advice and legal support to spouses on the issue of obtaining travel documents and citizenship for a child born in Ukraine using ART.
- Representing the interests of a client, the ex-wife of a wealthy Ukrainian businessman, in a court case with a foreign element on establishing the child's place of residence, which simultaneously concerns Ukraine and England.
- Advising a client, the wife of a Ukrainian businessman who died in a car accident, on wealth management and tax planning for the international shipping business.
- Representing a client, a British citizen, in the Supreme Court in a dispute regarding the return of a child to England in accordance with the 1980 Hague Convention.
Representing the interests of a client, a citizen of England, in the courts of Ukraine in cases of recognizing a foreign court's decision on the return of children to England and on determining the place of residence with their mother based on the 1996 Hague Convention.
- Advising and providing legal assistance to a client, a foreign citizen, on existing civil status acts in Ukraine, which relates to divorce and the relevant court decision of 1995.
- Representing the interests of a client, a foreign citizen, in the Ukrainian process for the recovery of child support.
- Providing advice and preparation of procedural documents for a client in a divorce case with a foreign element.
- Representing the interests of a client, a mother of four children, in numerous litigations against her ex-husband over the division of the spouses' property, determination of the place of residence, and maintenance of the children.
Representing the interests of a client in the case of debt collection under the Child Support Agreement.
- Representing the interests of a client, a foreign citizen, in a dispute over the return of a child to Poland under the 1980 Hague Convention.
- Representing the interests of a client, the wife of a well-known Ukrainian political scientist, in the case of the division of the Ukrainian assets of the parties at the suit of the ex-husband.
- Representing a client, the ex-wife of a wealthy Ukrainian businessman, in the case of recovering from her a joint debt under a loan agreement in the total amount of USD 2 million.
- Representing the interests of a client, the ex-wife of a wealthy Ukrainian businessman, on amending the provisions of a marriage contract.
Advising a client, a foreign national, in a dispute over the return of a child to England under the 1980 Hague Convention.
- Providing advice to spouses on issues of inheritance law and the procedure for judicial appeal of a will in Ukraine.