- Master of Laws (LL.M) in International Dispute Settlement (MIDS), 2018, Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies and University of Geneva
- Candidate of Science of Law (PhD), 2016, Academic F.H. Burchak Scientific-Research Institute of Private Law and Entrepreneurship of National Academy of Law Sciences of Ukraine. Title of PhD thesis: “Restriction of Application of Conflict of Law Rules in Private International Law of Ukraine”.
- Master of Laws (with honours), 2011, Ukrainian State University of Finance and International Trade
Ievgen Boiarskyi is a Senior Associate at international arbitration, litigation, and international trade practices with a primary focus on international commercial arbitration, international investment arbitration and cross-border litigation.
Ievgen possesses considerable experience in providing legal advice on complex multijurisdictional disputes, referred for resolution to international arbitration forums, institutional (ICC, LCIA, SCAI, VIAC, LMAA, GAFTA, FOSFA, ICAC at the UCCI etc.) and ad hoc, and/or to court venues in the city London and/or CIS countries.
Prior to joining AGA Partners Ievgen was a legal intern at Winston& Strawn (Paris office). During the legal internship, among other things, Ievgen acted as an assistant of a sole arbitrator in two LCIA arbitration matters. Before that he was an associate at Ukrainian law firm.
Membership in professional associations
- Member of Ukrainian Bar Association (UBA)
- Member of Ukrainian Arbitration Association (UAA)
Awards and Recognition
- Leading lawyer in Ukraine for International Arbitration and Arbitration / Mediation, Best Lawyers 2020
- Leading lawyer in Ukraine for International Arbitration and Arbitration/ Mediation, Best Lawyers 2022
Fluent Ukrainian, Russian, and English.
- Representing interests of the client at the London Maritime Arbitrators Association. The client’s opponent, a Swiss trader in agricultural products, claimed in arbitral proceedings compensation of demurrage allegedly incurred in the port of Bandirma, Turkey.
- Representing interests of a Swiss trading company (Seller) in a dispute with a Turkish manufacturing and trading company (Buyer) in London arbitration, that arose out of a contract on sale of chickpeas on CIF FO delivery terms for a total value of more than USD1 million.
- Representing client’s interests in international commercial arbitration at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Ukraine in a dispute concerning the buyer’s failure to pay for a delivered parcel of the goods as well as his failure to take the full quantity of the goods under the sale contract. The Client sought recovery of balance price for the goods, market price damages, and penalty for delay in payment.
- Representing client’s interests, three Cypriot agri-trading companies, in a dispute with a Swiss global trading company before the International Commercial Arbitration Court at the Ukrainian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (“ICAC”). The dispute concerned the buyer’s wrongful refusal to accept the cargo supplied under three sale contracts. The Clients founded their claim on the Vienna Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (the “CISG”), seeking recovery of market price damages as well as additional storage and logistics costs.
- Representing interests of the Client in London arbitration. This dispute arose under a sale contract due to a cargo quality claim with value of over USD2,000,000.00. Complication of the proceedings was caused by guarantee obligations contained in a contract that gave rise to three separate arbitrations: under the sale contract, guarantee obligations and sub-sale contract.
- Representing interests of a Swiss agri-trading company (“Buyer”) in a London-based commodity arbitration initiated by one of major Ukrainian agricultural holdings (“Seller”). The dispute arose based on an Ex Works sale contract and concerned an alleged failure of the Buyer to make a payment.